Philips 315W CMH Lamps
Philips 315W CMH lamps are used in all of the Maxibright 315W CM Lighting Kits that we sell, and are also used in some other grow lights from companies such as Dimlux. They are pretty much the industry standard 315W CMH, or CDM, lamps for growing plants. Other 315W CMH/CDM lamps are available but emit quite different spectrums, they are not as effective for plant growth.
They come in two different colour spectrums, MasterColour 942 Daylight & GreenPower 930 Agro - both models can be run by the Maxibright 315W Daylight Ballast. They both emit a type of light that is very close to actual sunlight, and plants generally thrive under their light.
They’re available in two different flavours:
Philips 315W MasterColour 942
- Daylight (vegative growth) specific lamp
- Promotes vigorous vegative growth with tight intermodal length
- Increases taste and aroma of flowering plants
- Can be used as a total light source for young plants, or as supplemental lighting alongside HID lights
- High efficiency - 1.7 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
Philips 315W GreenPower 930
- Agro (flowering growth) specific lamp
- Promotes strong structural growth and rampant flowing
- Increases taste and aroma in most flowering plants
- Should be used as a total source of light for flowering plants for best results
- Fuller light spectrum than the 942 Daylight version
- Very high efficiency - 1.9 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
***Please retain original packaging for your lamps to validate the 12 month warranty***
Philips 315W CMH Lamps FAQ's
What's the difference between CMH and CDM?
Nothing, they are exactly the same. CMH stands for Ceramic Metal Halide, CDM stands for Ceramic Discharge Metal (Halide), they are both the same lamp.